Explore the city's unseen Chinatown
3 hours activity
About your host
My friends and I are food lovers. I am also a licensed tour guide with a passion to share and exchange knowledge with people. When friends and family come over, as Bangkok locals we have to find activities and places to visit to amuse them. Many friends love to eat local food and meet local people. We found lots of floating markets that have become favorite places to complete our mission. You will love it like we do.
What will we do
You will meet one of the two hosts of the activity, then explore Bangkok's Chinatown by foot. You will take a local boat to Chinatown, one of the oldest Chinese overseas settlements in the world. Chinese decedents have lived and gained a strong influence in Thai culture and economy from the old days to now. You will see the real lives of Thai-Chinese by walking through the backroads and visiting Chinese shines, schools, shops, wet markets, and the business alley. You will see evidence of Chinese culture, and that the way of living is still similar to the past. We'll stop at a point of interest that not many people visit, and listen to the story of important Chinese men and the community. During the journey, you can also taste Chinese food and snacks. You will finish, happy with yummy food and the memorable story of this small village.
Where we meet
Saphan Taksin BTS Station (S6)
What we will provide for you
- Lunch. One or two snacks We'll provide a light lunch of noodles rice soup or dim sum.
- Water or soft drink
- Entrance fee
- Boat ticket
What you have to bring
- Wear Comfortable shoes and Hat.
- Snacking is starting around 09:30 -10:00 a.m. So recommend to eat breakfast before join us.
- Food allergy or special diet. Please contact us before the activity date
- Bring a hat & camera. Wear comfortable shoes. Tell us if any food allergies. Do not wear sleeveless shirts/to short pants. It is hot and humid during summer & monsoon season. & Umbrella rainy season
OTHER ACTIVITIES FOR YOU